Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sarkozy Takes The Election As Royal Concedes


The face of Europe has just changed. I agree with remarks that I heard from Krauthammer the other day, that the election of Sarkozy will work a sea change in French and European politics. Congratulations to France. Read the story here.

On a more personal note, I will have to do some redecorating of my own. My favorite picture of Paris in the springtime, one that adorned my walls since Chirac was named President, is out . . .



And the picture of a Frenchman to whom all American's owe a debt of gratitude, the Marquis de Lafayette, shall take its place.



All of this is rather childish of me, I know. But I considered Chirac and Villepin, to be possibly the most unprincipled and unethical politicians to come out of Europe in the past century. Given the rouges gallery of people making up that group, that is saying much.

No comments:

 

View My Stats