Monday, February 26, 2007

JOE LIEBERMAN IS THE VOICE OF REASON ON IRAQ

In a WSJ editorial, Senator Lieberman makes a very eloquent appeal to the anti-war partisans to stop their march towards ending our involvement in Iraq by any means necessary.


We are at a critical moment in Iraq--at the beginning of a key battle, in the midst of a war that is irretrievably bound up in an even bigger, global struggle against the totalitarian ideology of radical Islamism. However tired, however frustrated, however angry we may feel, we must remember that our forces in Iraq carry America's cause--the cause of freedom--which we abandon at our peril.


Read the whole story. Senator Lieberman is that rare politician, a man who stands by his convictions despite relentless pressure. And indeed, he paid the price when the far left purged his impurity from their party in the primaries. We will see who listens to his eloquent plea, and we will see if the Democrats who have sold their souls to the anti-war wing of their party finally drive the Senator Lieberman to join the Republicans.

1 comment:

Jay Lapidus said...

(That's not a picture of me. I'm old enough to vote!)

I was a supporter of Sen. Lieberman. I voted for him for senator last year. I even voted for him for president in the CT Democratic primary in 2004 although he had already withdrawn from the race.

I now regret my vote for him last November. He is not the "voice of reason." He has turned out to be consistently wrong about Iraq. Why should we listen to him now?

If you want a true voice of reason, turn to Frank Rich. Review his columns since 2001 about Iraq and about national security. I defy anyone to show me where he has turned out to be wrong.

 

View My Stats